Monday, February 17, 2014

Just Another Blogger

  It feels like every other minute, a new blog is started.  Especially in the beauty industry, blogs over saturate social media.  Instagram is over flowing with "Self taught Makeup Artists", all of which have a blog and youtube channel.  I feel like SO many young ladies want to call themselves a blogger or beauty guru in desperate hopes of becoming internet famous and to make money.  Also, many young ladies believe if they post makeup looks or products, they are a guru.  It makes having a beauty blog all the more difficult.  I have struggled over the decision of starting my own blog.  I have wanted to blog for many years.  I love being able to read blogs about specific products before I decide to try them for myself.  I also feel that over the years I have taken the time to learn as much as I can about beauty products.  In my early 20's I wanted to get my cosmetology license and become a hair stylist.  Its long been a passion of mine.  As a teen I spent hours upon hours, playing with makeup and hair.  ITs a deep seeded passion of mine, to be immersed in beauty products, and all things girly.

    I have put off starting my blog because it deeply disappoints me to see all the young ladies chasing money and fame trying to be bloggers and gurus for all the wrong reasons.  I would never knock anyones hustle, nor am I trying to put anyone down.  I just do not want to be shoved into a group of "bloggers" that are in this for the wrong reasons.  I want to stand out and my work speak for itself. I will not measure my success in money or promotions.
 
   Im so fortunate to have had a unique view point of the beauty/fashion industry, working behind the scenes with a very popular, successful jewelry company, surrounded by successful women.  I have been able to learn the in's and out's of the successful gurus and bloggers careers.   I have come to learn the extreme work it truly takes to fully blog from a well rounded, knowledgable view point.  The amount of time and money it takes is intense.  But I am oh so ready to put in everything Ive got to see this dream through. My aim is not to be successful by others standards, but to keep uploading helpful informative blogs about products, companies and subjects I am passionate about.   I hope you all stay with me through this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment